WASHINGTON – US Senator Bill Cassidy, MD (R-LA) released the following statement after the US House of Representatives passed the Democrats’ $ 1.75 trillion tax and spending madness, to which he s is always opposed.
âThis tax craze and reckless spending will fuel inflation again and burn Americans’ savings. It is more focused on consolidating their unpopular program than on helping American families â, said Dr Cassidy. âIt’s a Bad Bad Bad Bill. “
The massive spending envelope is already facing opposition from moderate Democrats in the Senate, casting doubt on the likelihood of Senate adoption. A vote by Senate Democrats against the bill would sink it.
Cassidy will vote against the Democrats’ Build Back Better Act if a vote takes place in the Senate.
Some of the terrible provisions included in the tax and spending madness include:
- Adding $ 367 billion to the national deficit
- Give $ 300 billion in SALT tax deductions, benefit the rich
- Grant a massive amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants despite the recent decision by the Senate parliamentarian that it violates the rules of reconciliation.
- Does not include the Hyde Amendment, allowing taxpayer money to be used to fund abortions on demand.
- Perpetuate labor shortages by eliminating work requirements to receive welfare benefits for able-bodied adults – at a time when there are more than 10.4 million vacant positions.
- Extend Obamacare grants until 2025, massively benefiting the wealthiest Americans and subsidizing people who already have insurance.
- Increasing Medicare benefits unnecessarily at a time when the program goes bankrupt, ultimately hurting the choices of our seniors.
- Adding $ 800 billion in tax hikes to U.S. employers, hurting U.S. competitiveness.
- Adding $ 400 billion in tax increases for small businesses
- Obstructing and prohibiting domestic production of energy and minerals, increasing our dependence on resources provided by OPEC, Russia and China.
- Raise taxes on natural gas, raise the costs of almost everything.